The Support Report with b-present – How Support Changes Lives
Our new podcast, The Support Report with b-present, is hosted by our very own Justin Peters. Each month we share real stories from young adults and dive deep into how support changed their lives. We explore their challenges, triumphs, and everything in between. We want the Support Report to inspire, entertain, and empower you to create your own stories of support and presence for others within your community.
Now more than ever, people are experiencing the need to connect and realizing how much it hurts when they are not. They need to know that they are not alone in their struggles and that there is someone beside them to lean on, laugh with, and learn from. However, providing support is not always easy, and the moments when someone needs us most may also be the moments we have to dig the deepest to get through. But know this…
Those moments matter.
When a young adult faces a life-altering experience, their health becomes dependent on the presence of others. Whether it is a diagnosis, loss of a loved one, mental struggles, or grief, the support of a loved one is vital. Having supportive people in our lives helps us through tough moments so we can enjoy moments of relief, joy, and hope.
Let’s talk about it
The Support Report exists to help you develop empathy and compassion that leads to improved connections. By self-reflecting and applying what you learn we hope to help you become better supporters for the future. And we want to inspire you to create change in your own lives and communities by volunteering your time and talent, advising or starting organizations, and creating products or services that solve problems you have experienced or have the means to solve. While you may not be able to change the past, you can learn from others’ experiences and find new ways to be present with purpose and change the future for those that need you most.
Check out our current podcast episodes:
- Sana Moezzi | The Power of Presence | Hodgkin’s Lymphoma Cancer Survivor Story
- Vivian Nunez | Inside the Mind of a Young Adult Caregiver
- Nicholas Kristock | Wrapped in Presence with Fleece and Thank You
- Juanita Perez | Surviving Childhood Cancer Twice
- Marc Anthony | Talking $#!t About Colon Cancer
- Jessica and Kyle Javer | Siblings Coping Together Through Cancer
- Nick Giallourakis | Advice from a Four-Time Cancer Supporter
- Julian Castaneda | Survivor Pays It Forward with Bags of Love
- Eddie Torrez | Strengthening Friendships During Cancer
- Kara Noskoff | Unique Challenges of Young Adults with Cancer
- Sharon Kim | Becoming Your Parent’s Caregiver at Age 21
Want to be featured on The Support Report?
So how has being a supporter or receiving support changed your life? We’d love to share YOUR story. Email us at [email protected] so we can start the conversation!
- Listen on Soundcloud
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel
- Nominate someone to be featured
- Learn more about the b-present Foundation